Many orchids thrive in Florida’s heat and humidity and can do well in the home and around the yard.
Orchids, Succulents, Cactus and Tropical Plants are all living organisms that interact with the body, mind, and home in ways that enhance the quality of life.
Temperature and Light:
Most of all, water your plant with a gentle stream or spray and allow the pot to drain.
Microfoggers and humidifiers are a simple solution if you keep your plant in an enclosed area.
Whether you are human or animal, there are so many benefits to living around plants.
- Cattleya Alliance Hybrid is the showy corsage variety, especially Laelia anceps, and requires half sun. It’s temperature-tolerant.
- * Phalaenopsis is great for beginners and does well in full shade.
- * Dendrobiums: The Indian and Australian types are best, requiring half sun. They are temperature tolerant.
- * Vanda flowers in summer months and takes a lot of suns.
- * Epidendrums, especially the brilliant reed-stem types, do fine in South Florida. They need almost full sun but are temperature tolerant.
- * Oncidiums: Choose the Mexican species, or higher-elevation types, with light requirements of bright shade to half sun.
- * Paphiopedilums are slippered orchids and fare best in shaded gardens.
- * Spathoglottis have broad, palm-like leaves and spikes of purple and yellow flowers. Grow them in shade to half sun.
We Adopt ~ Breed ~ Rescue ~ Transport ~ RehabilitateCrazy Critters Inc. is a Private Non-Profit, 501(c)3, Exotic Animal Rescue and Sanctuary. Our Wildlife Facility is located in Eustis, Florida. We provide permanent homes to over 200 animals including lizards, turtles, skinks, geckos, birds, and assorted wildlife. Crazy Critters Inc. was established to provide non-domestic, non-releasable animals with a safe and permanent home.Mostly Tortoises and Turtles call Crazy Critters Inc. home. What makes us unique is that after adoption, Crazy Critters Inc. continues to share the lives of the pets on social media. Providing an additional continued connection. When an animal finds its way to Crazy Critters, it has found a forever home.Everyone in our community benefits when donors put their funds together to help protect animals and our environment. And the fact that the animals can call this a forever home makes it that much better. Your monetary donations help provide veterinary care, food, and supplies to the animals in our care.In keeping with our commitment to a quality life for the animals here at the sanctuary, we provide a diet created specifically for each animal’s needs, the best veterinary care, enrichment programs for the animals, and maintain their spacious, safe habitats.Click DONATE to make a safe Paypal Transaction, of any amount. Every single dollar adds up! We will contact you by email to see how you would like your sponsorship recognized. We appreciate our community! We are always looking for corporate sponsors who believe in a mission such as ours